Job Opportunity: Director, Implementing Mechanisms and Initiatives
11th April 2023
Location: Any PATH office in Africa | Apply by: 6 May 2023 | Apply here: Link
The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC) is seeking to fill a new senior leadership position of Director, Implementing Mechanisms and Initiatives (IMI). Based in any PATH office in Africa, the IMI Director will provide technical leadership within RHSC’s current strategy and program of action (Money, Markets and Movement) and work to ensure RHSC Implementing Mechanisms are highly effective.
The incumbent will manage a team providing technical and administrative support to RHSC’s working groups and caucuses and will provide leadership for RHSC’s Annual General Membership Meeting. The IMI Director will also bring additional reproductive health (RH) market expertise to RHSC, working directly with RHSC’s Market Development Approaches Working Group and engaging with other Secretariat staff working on market issues and with key partners in this area. The position manages four line reports – two full-time Senior Technical Officers and two Program Associates (one part-time and one full-time).
The Director of Implementing Mechanisms and Initiatives will report to the RHSC Director.
Desired IMI Director Profile:
- A track record of leadership in RH with particular expertise in the area of RH markets in both the public and private sectors
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide range of partners both in the public and private sectors, with the skills to see and create connections across actors in the RH space
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and external conditions
- A demonstrated interest in learning and ability to turn learnings into actionable strategies
- Ability to help build consensus among different institutional interests towards common goals and priorities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize disparate opinions and input
Required experience includes:
- Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or related field plus a minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible professional experience in RH supplies
- Demonstrated experience in
- building and managing relationships at global, regional, and national levels with technical and implementing partners, donors, multilateral organizations, governments, local organizations, academic institutions, and the private sector
- collaborating with the commercial sector: identifying and establishing new initiatives with private sector partners especially manufacturers of RH supplies, drawing upon a broad knowledge base – from the principles of private sector engagement to the art of making deals
- networking and communications in the RH markets space including effectively conveying buyer and seller concerns
Please find the full job description and application guidelines here.