The Innovation Fund is the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition’s flagship initiative for inspiring and financing new activities that further the Coalition’s strategic goals and those of its Working Groups. It is a critical catalyst for bridging all the sectors—advocacy, technical, commercial—that make up the Coalition’s large and diverse membership.
Traditionally, the Coalition has defined the concept of innovation broadly to include any promising new idea with the potential to bring about positive change. Innovation need not mean a radical departure from previous practice but rather could include new approaches to existing processes. Innovation also can apply to systems or processes and the generation of new knowledge. Finally, innovation extends to applying an existing strategy in a new context for the first time, thereby shedding light on how best to replicate and scale-up new approaches at the country level.
Who's eligible to apply?
Applicants to the Innovation Fund must be members of the Coalition and active participants of an Implementing Mechanism. These include the Advocacy & Accountability, Market Development Approaches, and Systems Strengthening Working Groups; the Regional Forums SECONAF and ForoLAC; and the Generic Manufacturers for Reproductive Health, Maternal Health Supplies, Youth, and New and Underused Reproductive Health Technologies Caucuses.
Webinar: Looking through a supplies lens
Past IF Awards: Browse here!
The Innovation Fund supports a wide range of activities. Here you will find a short summary of all the grants that have been awarded so far.
Innovation Fund, at a glance
What are some key achievements of the Innovation Fund? How many grants have been awarded so far? Discover all the details in the Innovation Fund Factsheet.
The history of the Innovation Fund
- Innovation Fund 2018: Catalyst and Visionary (629 kB)
- Youth Innovation Fund Round 2018 (111 kB)
- Innovation Fund Awards: Youth Specific Round - September 2016 (1.16 MB)
- What price for peace of mind? (747 kB)
- Forging innovative partnerships for change (746 kB)
- Public-private partnership to introduce low-cost LNG-IUS (805 kB)
- Authoritative analysis to strengthen African supply chains (852 kB)
- Reducing Stockouts: understanding the elusive human factors (614 kB)
- Eliminating import duties in Sierra Leone (1.28 MB)
- Exploring social franchising in Burundi (1.06 MB)
- 22/02/2019 Innovation Fund project information available online
- 17/01/2019 Innovation Fund project information available online
- 10/08/2018 Doctorstore on course to becoming “FP gateway”
- 02/11/2017 New Innovation Fund round!
- 14/06/2017 Uganda menstrual cup project tests novel distribution models and leverages additional funds