The Innovation Fund is the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition’s flagship initiative for inspiring and financing new activities that further the Coalition’s strategic goals and those of its Working Groups. It is a critical catalyst for bridging all the sectors—advocacy, technical, commercial—that make up the Coalition’s large and diverse membership.
Traditionally, the Coalition has defined the concept of innovation broadly to include any promising new idea with the potential to bring about positive change. Innovation need not mean a radical departure from previous practice but rather could include new approaches to existing processes. Innovation also can apply to systems or processes and the generation of new knowledge. Finally, innovation extends to applying an existing strategy in a new context for the first time, thereby shedding light on how best to replicate and scale-up new approaches at the country level.
This round will be an open call, which means any idea is eligible for consideration, providing that it furthers one or more strategic goals of the Coalition and your Implementing Mechanism
Eligibility and Guidelines
Applicants to the Innovation Fund must be members of the Coalition and active participants of an Implementing Mechanism. These include the Advocacy & Accountability, Market Development Approaches, and Systems Strengthening Working Groups; the Regional Forums SECONAF and ForoLAC; and the Generic Manufacturers for Reproductive Health, Maternal Health Supplies, and New and Underused Reproductive Health Technologies Caucuses.
The Guidelines document (English / French / Spanish) contains detailed information on the process, funds available, timing, and criteria for applications.
Deadlines for application
December 1, 2017: Latest date by which concept notes are due to Chairs.
December 15, 2017: Latest date by which Chairs notify members of concept notes that have been selected for proposal development.
January 12, 2018: Full proposals due to Chairs.
Who reviews the applications and when?
Funding applications will be reviewed by a panel comprising representatives of the Executive Committee, the Secretariat, and PATH, supplemented as necessary by relevant technical experts.
How does the Fund work?
The Innovation Fund is the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition's flagship initiative for inspiring and financing new initatives. Learn more about how the process of applying and receving the award works by downloading this infographic.
The history of the Innovation Fund
Innovation Fund, at a glance
What are some key achievements of the Innovation Fund? How many grants have been awarded so far? Discover all the details in the Innovation Fund Factsheet.
- Innovation Fund 2018: Catalyst and Visionary (601 kB)
- Youth Innovation Fund Round 2018 (111 kB)
- Innovation Fund Awards: Youth Specific Round - September 2016 (1.2 MB)
- What price for peace of mind? (747 kB)
- Forging innovative partnerships for change (746 kB)
- Public-private partnership to introduce low-cost LNG-IUS (805 kB)
- Authoritative analysis to strengthen African supply chains (852 kB)
- Reducing Stockouts: understanding the elusive human factors (614 kB)
- Eliminating import duties in Sierra Leone (1.3 MB)
- Exploring social franchising in Burundi (1.1 MB)
- 02/11/2017 New Innovation Fund round!
- 14/06/2017 Uganda menstrual cup project tests novel distribution models and leverages additional funds
- 13/06/2017 Handheld health: new mobile technology locates RH services
- 28/07/2016 Innovation Fund: Call for Proposals
- 22/07/2016 New report links staff motivation and stockouts