Home / Programmes / Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Supply Chain Management Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Supply Chain Management
Management College of Southern Africa
The Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Supply Chain Management is a one year postgraduate programme that provides students with an in-depth understanding of the core functions within supply chain management. Supply chain management is a fast-growing and widely impactful discipline that has consistently been identified as a critical skill, both locally and within a global context.
The Honours in Supply Chain Management programme provides advanced level knowledge and skills to prepare students to function and manage within complex supply chain environments. The analysis and critical application of advanced theories and concepts within supply chain management form the basis of this programme. The programme also provides a firm grounding for students to pursue further postgraduate research.
Upon successful completion of the BCom Honours Supply Chain Management programme, the student should be able to:
- Develop a critical understanding of the supply chain function;
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex strategies and their application in supply chain management;
- Be able to collect, synthesise and present information in an appropriate format for decision making;
- Develop a critical awareness of the interactions which take place in a supply chain;
- Assess problems and formulate appropriate response strategies;
- Demonstrate awareness of triple bottom line issues in supply chain management;
- Be able to critically evaluate supply chain theories, strategies and plans;
- Demonstrate use of a wide range of specialised skills to solve complex supply chain problems;
- Be able to engage in self-directed learning;
- Demonstrate the effective use of technology;
- Be able to conduct research to solve supply chain problems.
- The minimum entry requirement is a cognate Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma at NQF level 7.
- It is possible to gain entry to the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
- South Africa
Bachelor of CommerceDuration
Medium (3-12 months)Language