The Innovation Fund is the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition’s flagship initiative for inspiring and financing new activities that further the Coalition’s strategic goals and those of its Working Groups. It is a critical catalyst for bridging all the sectors—advocacy, technical, commercial—that make up the Coalition’s large and diverse membership.
Traditionally, the Coalition has defined the concept of innovation broadly to include any promising new idea with the potential to bring about positive change. Innovation need not mean a radical departure from previous practice but rather could include new approaches to existing processes. Innovation also can apply to systems or processes and the generation of new knowledge. Finally, innovation extends to applying an existing strategy in a new context for the first time, thereby shedding light on how best to replicate and scale-up new approaches at the country level.
For this round of the Innovation Fund we are accepting proposals focused on the young people’s access to reproductive health supplies and services.
Eligibility and Guidelines
Applicants to the Innovation Fund must be members of the Coalition and active participants of an Implementing Mechanism. These include the Advocacy & Accountability, Market Development Approaches, and Systems Strengthening Working Groups; the Regional Forums SECONAF and ForoLAC; and the Generic Manufacturers for Reproductive Health, Maternal Health Supplies, and New and Underused Reproductive Health Technologies Caucuses.
The Guidelines document contains detailed information on the process, funds available, timing, and criteria for applications and it is available after you complete this form.
Deadlines for application
17 June 2016
Who reviews the applications and when?
Funding applications will be reviewed by a panel comprising representatives of the Executive Committee, the Secretariat, and PATH, supplemented as necessary by relevant technical experts.
How does the Fund work?
The Innovation Fund is the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition's flagship initiative for inspiring and financing new initatives. Learn more about how the process of applying and receving the award works by downloading this infographic.
- What price for peace of mind? (747 kB)
- Forging innovative partnerships for change (746 kB)
- Public-private partnership to introduce low-cost LNG-IUS (805 kB)
- Authoritative analysis to strengthen African supply chains (852 kB)
- Reducing Stockouts: understanding the elusive human factors (614 kB)
- Eliminating import duties in Sierra Leone (1.3 MB)
- Exploring social franchising in Burundi (1.1 MB)
- Connect supply chain managers to a world of opportunities (457 kB)
- PRISMA bridges the language divide (860 kB)
Want to find all the grants that have been awarded so far?
Browse through the archive and see all the projects that have been funded.
At a glance
What are some key achievements of the Innovation Fund? How many grants have been awarded so far? Discover all the details in the Innovation Fund Factsheet.
- 27/04/2016 Call for Proposals to Innovation Fund: Focus on Youth
- 08/10/2015 Film: Changing the world, one grant at a time
- 19/03/2015 Kangu profiled in Spanish blog post
- 19/03/2015 New Innovation Fund grant awarded
- 13/03/2015 Innovation Fund assesses Kenyan market for new FDA-approved LNG-IUS