Call for abstracts for Reproductive Health in Emergencies Conference 2008
17th December 2007
The Reproductive Health in Emergencies Conference 2008 is now accepting abstracts. The submission deadline is January 31, 2008.
Abstracts that discuss findings and programme implications concerning the following themes related to humanitarian emergencies in the developing world are welcomed:
- Safe motherhood including emergency obstetric care and post-abortion care, family planning, STIs/HIV/AIDS, and gender-based violence among populations affected by conflict and natural disaster
- Collection and use of reproductive health (RH) data for needs assessments, programme monitoring and evaluation and programme management
- RH service delivery during crisis, stabilization, post-conflict and re-development
- Reaching all populations, including women, youth and men, with RH service delivery during crisis
- Successful models of partnerships among local, regional and international organisations
- The increasing involvement of humanitarian agencies in RH activities
- The increasing involvement of RH agencies in humanitarian settings
- The protracted nature of crises
- Advocating for policies and funding which support the provision of RH for populations affected by conflict or natural disaster
- Other topics relevant to the field of RH in emergencies
All abstracts must be received by January 31, 2008. The organizers will notify all who have submitted abstracts whether their work has been accepted on or around March 15, 2008.
RH in Emergencies Conference 2008 will take place from June 18-20 2008 at Speke Conference Centre in Kampala, Uganda. For more information or to submit an abstract using our online submissions tool, please visit the RH in Emergencies Conference 2008 website at http://www.rhinemergenciesconference.org/2008