COVID-19 and Reproductive Health Supplies
How is COVID-19 impacting RH supply chains?
As the world grapples with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, access to reproductive health supplies is taking a hard hit around the world. However, the RH community is demonstrating its determination, resilience and creativity as it adapts to this evolving landscape. The RHSC, in its role of community convener, has put together this repository as a collection of supply-specific resources to help those working in providing women and girls in low- and middle-income countries with contraceptives and other RH supplies.
News from across the world
Updates from the Coalition
- 11/08/2020 Manufacturer and product inventory available in LAC countries
- 06/08/2020 LAC Forum tool provides metrics for pandemic impact report
- 05/08/2020 Country briefs model method shifts during COVID-19
- 03/08/2020 LAC Forum sidesteps pandemic, completes successful Encuentros
- 28/07/2020 RHSC and JSI launch new effort to build roadmap for action
Tools for mitigation
How is the RH supply community responding?
- Impact of COVID 19 on the access to contraceptives in LAC countries (UNFPA)
- Policy Brief: Impact of COVID 19 on Women (Population Foundation of India)
- Building community and health system resilience during COVID-19 pandemic through Rwenzori interfaith and media COVID-19 + SRHR task force (FBO Network)
- Q&A: Contraception/Family planning and COVID-19 (WHO)
- COVID-19 Resources and Information for SRH Professionals (FSRH)
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Preparedness and Response UNFPA Interim Technical Brief
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic UNFPA Global Response Plan
- Condoms and lubricants in the time of COVID-19 UNAIDS
- Contraception during a crisis: The potential of self-injection (PATH)
- France to deliver contraceptives to homes without prescription
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Modern Contraceptives and Other Medical Supply Needs, Including for COVID-19 Prevention, Protection and Response (UNFPA)
- UNFPA advocates for women, girls suffering unseen impacts of COVID-19 pandemic
- Maintaining Momentum in Family Planning: How can social and behavior change programs adapt to the new reality of COVID-19?
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: Using Evidence to Inform Sexual and Reproductive Health Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Securing supplies in insecure times: Ensuring contraceptive security under COVID-19)
- Choice in her hands: Enabling safe self-care during COVID-19
- Covid-19 and Implications for FP Services
- AAWG call to action for uninterrupted access to reproductive health supplies during and after the COVID-19 crisis: Reproductive health supplies are essential
- A Civil Society Call to Action (PAI)
- IMAP statement on COVID-19 and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- COVID-19 Contraception and Family Planning (FIGO)
- The joint statement on the importance of continued family planning data sharing and collaboration
- Access to contraception is critical in Covid-19 response
- Information Brief on Supply Chains for Sexual and Reproductive Health Across the Humanitarian-Development Continuum
Coalition as convener
Would you like updates of our RH supply-related work? Subscribe to our newsletter here.
Is your organization working to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 on RH supply access? Drop us a line at email@example.com and we could include your news here.