Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management
|Course name ||Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management |
|Institution ||EMPOWER School of Health |
|Location ||Online |
|Website ||http://www.empowerschoolofhealth.org/Online-Application-Form |
|Language ||English |
|Contact information || |
Ms. Kavya RS Training Administrator +18.104.22.168.50.01 (India) | email@example.com | www.empowerschoolofhealth.org
|Course objective || |
The course is designed to prepare aspirants for a role that deals extensively with the Procurement and Supply Chain Management function, even a career in PSM. It will vastly enhance their abilities and effectiveness to work as professionals in this field. What distinguishes our course is:
- (i) its global orientation - sharing of experiences from across countries,
- (ii) course delivery by ranked world educational entities coming together in a rare collaboration,
- (iii) a special focus in improving the student’s personal effectiveness by building workplace skills,
- (iv) use of cutting edge eLearning technologies and instructional design to make learning easy and impactful and
- (v) a practical and applied approach with the extensive use of exercises, case studies, projects and internships.
A key feature of the course will be, in addition to acquiring the knowledge of the management structures and systems required for effective operation, to also develop the skills of being able to explain PSM issues and resource requirements to non-PSM professionals and to be able to advocate for PSM issues and funding. By the end of the course, students will have:
- Fully understood the PSM framework and how different parts of the supply chain work together. They would be in a position to help facilitate cost-effective and high quality delivery of public health programs.
- Developed a strong foundation of issues and challenges involved in selection, procurement, supply and dispensation of medicines and other public health commodities.
- Acquired sufficient proficiency in PSM processes, tools and technologies to effectively manage the day-to-day PSM activities.
- Equipped to design and execute PSM improvement projects that make a significant impact on program outcomes and optimal utilization of funding and resources.
- Gained a high level of skill and confidence to grow in their organizations and take on greater leadership responsibilities.
|Sector ||Public |
|General course topics ||Variety/range of logistics topics in some detail |
|Specific course topics || |
- Module 1: Introduction to Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Module 2: Public Health Commodities
- Module 3: Quantification and Supply Planning
- Module 4: Global Health Procurement
- Module 5: Inventory Management
- Module 6: Storage & Distribution
- Module 7: Rational Use of Medicines
- Module 8: PSM Support Functions & Systems
|Total time commitment ||205hours |
|Focus commodity ||Any or other commodity |
|Accredited ||Yes |
|Accredited by ||CILT |
|Certificate name ||Degree |
|Degree name ||Post Graduate Diploma |
|Attendance mode ||Online |
|Incentives ||Yes |
|Incentives description || |
|Logistics Topics Coverage % (estimate) ||100 |
|Audience ||Open Enrollment |
|Pre-requisites ||Yes |
|Pre-requisites description || |
- To be able to operate confidentially in both written and spoken English language
- To be able to commit at least 40 hours per month over a period of 11 months
- To have completed, at minimum a bachelors degree in any discipline
- Prior work-experience is preferred, though not necessary
|Course fee ||$3,500 |
|Course fee description || |
Course fees includes: Free tablet
|Discount available ||Yes |
|Discount description || |
Early Bird Registrationsm, Up to 50% Scholarships available from Empower
|Course included in analysis ||No |
You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.