Managing Procurement of Essential Health Commodities
|Course name||Managing Procurement of Essential Health Commodities|
|Contact information|| |
Training & Consultancy Department
Phone: +31 (0) 348 489 630
|Course objective|| |
This training aims to improve the knowledge and gives practical tools of the following aspects of procurement:
- Manage and evaluate procurement activities.
- Managing the tender process.
- Using SOP’s.
- Knowing how to use the different procurement methodologies.
- Stakeholder analysis: who needs to be involved for proper and effective procurement.
- Influence of other activities in the medical supply chain on procurement work and vice versa.
- Dealing with the challenges in procurement.
|General course topics||One logistics function in great detail|
|Specific course topics|| |
- Selection of essential medicines and medical supplies.
- Quantifying essential medicines and medical supplies.
- Procurement overview.
- Procurement methodologies.
- The tender process.
- Supplier selection and vendor management.
- Procurement planning.
- Procurement management.
- Shipment and receiving.
- M&E of procurement.
- Improvement project.
|Total time commitment||40|
|Focus commodity||Health, non-RH specific|
|Attendance description|| |
This training is particular suitable for experienced procurement and purchase officers, logistic officers, health officers (in many situations it is the pharmacists who has a responsible role In procurement), members of tender committees, program managers and supply chain managers in the public and private sector.
|Logistics Topics Coverage % (estimate)||100|
|Course fee description|| |
- Tuition fee (including course materials and admission costs).
- Transfer to and from the training venue to Amsterdam International Airport.
- Hotel accommodation (single occupancy) for the duration of the course (from Sunday to Saturday). 6 nights in total.
- Welcome Dinner on Sunday and Farewell Dinner on Friday.
- Three meals a day during the course period (from Monday to Friday).
- Coffee and tea during course breaks.
|Discount description|| |
€ 200,00 discount is available for applicants who complete registration and payment 8 weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the course!
|Course included in analysis||No|