Sustainable Supply Chain Management in Global Business: Making an Impact
How to keep supply chains running smoothly in a ‘bumpy’ global environment? How to integrate social and ecological aspects across supply chains while creating economic value? If you live in Northern Europe and have eaten an avocado recently, you have benefited from a supply chain! Supply chains play a crucial role in connecting markets and economies on a global scale.
After following the Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SCM) course students should:
- Have acquired an overview of leading SCM concepts and models in the context of a globalizing economy with strong concerns for sustainable development;
- Be able to evaluate the sustainability implications of various supply chain concepts and analyze the value of innovative tools for sustainable SCM, such as zero-emissions transportation and reverse logistics;
- Be able to assess the value and impact of sustainable SCM on a company’s competiveness;
- Be able to apply relevant sustainable SCM knowledge in business cases and/or assignments;
- Have observed and experienced SCM processes at work via practical games and company visits.
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
Short (0-3 months)Language