MSc. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The University of the West Indies
As Jamaica and the wider Caribbean prepare to compete in the new global economy of services and knowledge, it is imperative that they have sufficient human resources to compete in a global marketplace. The MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme is geared towards developing a cadre of professionals capable of executing and managing efficient operations in goods and services across the supply chain.
The programme will cover principles and tools that can be employed to help to achieve these outcomes; especially in the context of the peculiarities of Jamaica and the Caribbean. Areas of focus in this programme include: logistics management strategy, operations management and business analytics and inventory management.
The MSc. in Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme seeks to:
- provide students with a graduate education that will enhance their leadership careers in the field of Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- develop managers and professionals with knowledge and expertise in logistics, operations management and supply chain management to design and manage efficient and effective supply chains
- provide students with relevant insights in market needs, planning and controlling flows, required to analyse logistical performances and the implementation of new logistical approaches
- Business Analytics
- Quantitative Methods & Statistical Techniques
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Business in a Global Environment
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management Strategy
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Inventory Management
- Logistics Supply Chain Management and Sustainability
- Transportation Strategy and Management
- Supply Chain Simulation and Modelling
- Research Project
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
Master of ScienceDuration
Medium (3-12 months)Language