Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
Victoria University - Uganda
The Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management endeavors to produce graduates with the skills and knowledge required for efficient acquisition and disposal of organization resources.
This program covers a broad spectrum of areas within the field, such as procurement, logistics, transportation, negotiations, inventory management and contract management.
The content is geared to enhance the skills set of those working in supply chain so they can carry out their supply chain activities more confidently and competently.
The development of the program is premised on:
- The fact that the East Africa region and Sub Saharan Africa has dire shortage of qualified procurement staff;
- The need to support the ongoing professionalization of the procurement process;
- This process is driven by increasing public awareness of the need to guard against waste and corrupt use of public resources;
- The need to provide manpower that will drive Africa vision 2030. The vision envisages the channeling of considerable resources to certain identified key sectors. This will strengthen existing procurement capacity. There is therefore need to expand training opportunities so as to ensure realization of your vision.
- The need to come up with an innovative training program that is cognizant of the changing environment in which procurement is conducted.
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
Long (+12 months)Language