Sustainable Supply Chain Management (MSc)
The MSc Sustainable Supply Chain Management aims to provide the skills to enable supply chain managers of the future to thrive in this dynamic environment.
Supply chain management is becoming an increasingly important aspect of the business world. Products are sourced, manufactured and transported on a global scale, leading to the need for skilled professionals in this area. However, these professionals also need to be increasingly aware of the wider impacts of these activities, with a focus beyond just economic impacts.
The MSc Sustainable Supply Chain Management aims to provide the skills to enable supply chain managers of the future to thrive in this dynamic environment. Supported by world leading research in this area, the course provides you with the capability to make decisions that consider the full range of economic, social and environmental impacts of supply chains. The inclusion of sustainability as a key part of the course provides a distinguishing feature of this course.
You will study a range of taught modules that combine to give a comprehensive understanding of all aspects in sustainable supply chain management, including procurement, supply and the distribution of products, as well as tackling cross-cutting issues such as the impact of technology. At the end of the course, you are required to carry out a dissertation research study, providing an in-depth examination of an issue of your choice.
- Sustainability is embedded as a core part of the course, which is distinctive from many supply chain programmes elsewhere.
- With a variety of options, there are opportunities to specialise in subject areas that are of particular relevance and interest to you.
- You will be taught by leading academics in the field of sustainable supply chain management with an emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment.
- You will have the chance to acquire high-quality practical skills and to develop innovative ideas.
- Our connections with policy and practice gives you the opportunity to translate your academic learning into a practical environment.
- You will be part of a community at Cardiff Business School which is committed to delivering social and environmental improvement alongside economic development in the world’s first Public Value Business School.
- You will study at a Business School ranked 1st in the UK for research environment and 6th for research excellence (REF 2014), and the only business school in Wales accredited by AACSB International. The Business School is also a member of the United Nations’ Principles of Responsible Management Education initiative.
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
- United Kingdom
Master of ScienceDuration
Medium (3-12 months)Language
Cardiff University offers 4 other training opportunities, including: