Supply Chain & Procurement Management
University of Strathclyde
Supply chain management is a critical business competency. It encompasses procurement of materials, processing and distribution of products and services to customers as well as:
- initial design
- procurement of materials and services
- processing and distribution to the customer either directly or through a network of distributors
In many companies, 80% or more of their turnover is spent outside the organisation. This course helps you become effective in managing this. It’s designed for those who'll work within supply chain management. It’s also suitable for anyone with a background in support functions such as sales, maintenance, finance and marketing.
This course will cover the latest logistics requirements, for example:
- ability from logistics managers to enhance business opportunities to circular economy approaches and digital manufacturing;
- rise of sales through ecommerce also requires accurate demand and supply forecast from logistics area.
What you’ll study
- Drawing on the expertise of two leading academic departments, this course combines skills in leadership, production planning and strategic business management in the context of supply chains.
- You'll gain an in-depth understanding of strategic, tactical and operational issues relating to the management of supply chains. You'll also focus on the improvement of process performance from a procurement perspective and become equipped with the concepts and methods to contribute towards the competitiveness of industrial and commercial organisations worldwide.
- The course comprises compulsory modules and specialist modules as well as a Masters dissertation. The specialisation allows you to choose an area of interest, Operations Management, Logistics Management or Procurement Management. You'll choose your area at registration.
Compulsory specialist classes for the MSc Supply Chain and Procurement Management are:
- Spreadsheet Modelling and Demand Forecasting
- Strategic Procurement Management
- Organisational Buying Bahaviour and Structures
Accreditation has been awarded for this programme from the Chartered Institution of Procurement & Supply (CIPS). Learners who successfully complete the above programme and meet the conditions specified may apply for MCIPS, the globally recognised standard for procurement and supply chain management professionals.
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
- United Kingdom
Master of ScienceDuration
Medium (3-12 months)Language