Project and Supply Chain Management major
Pennsylvania State University
The Project and Supply Chain Management major concentrates on developing knowledge, skills, and abilities in both project and supply chain management, dynamic and important disciplines in modern corporations. Project management skills include the development of new projects, and coordinating procurement and project delivery systems. Supply chain management emphasizes the integration of manufacturing and service operations, logistics, purchasing, and distribution that enable organizations to develop value-creating supply chain networks. The major provides students with an opportunity to develop the quantitative and people skills necessary to design and operate today's complex management systems. Students learn how to manage critical components in organizational supply chains, and apply business analytic methods for organizing and fully integrating supply chain practices throughout the organization.
Graduates are uniquely well-prepared for careers in some of the highest in-demand professions in the modern business and government environments, managing the supply chain and project initiatives in world-class business firms, public sector organizations, construction, IT organizations, third-party logistics providers, and goods and services distribution operations.
It has been estimated that well over half of all activities in modern corporations are project-based. From developing a new product to constructing a new building, the list of efforts that organizations must plan, manage, and deliver (ideally on time and under budget) is nearly endless. At the same time, globalization creates a growing need for professionals who can effectively manage complex supply chains. The study of project and supply chain management emphasizes the integration of manufacturing and service operations, logistics, purchasing, and distribution—the functions that enable organizations to cultivate value-creating supply chain networks.
Graduates will be able to:
- Develop business skills and abilities to communicate effectively in both speech and writing.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and teamwork skills necessary for managing modern businesses.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and solve problems in the business environment.
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethical issues, social responsibilities, sustainability, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for managing modern businesses with the focus of designing and managing modern supply chain networks, including integrated operations, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing and distribution for value-creating, ERP-supported networks.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities of organizing and managing projects in modern organizations. These project management skills include project portfolio management, scheduling and coordinating resources, planning and controlling projects, and risk and change management.
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
- United States of America
Long (+12 months)Language