MSc in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
Supply chain management involves the integration of business processes across organizations from raw material suppliers through manufacturing and processing to the final customer. Our programmes in this area provides students with the core knowledge related to a wide variety of supply chain activities, including demand planning, purchasing and procurement, inventory control, supply chain coordination, product and service support, information technology, supply chain strategy, etc. Logistics also focuses on the flow of goods and information from the point of origin to the point of consumption and involves transportation, distribution, warehousing, facility location analysis, material handling and packaging, etc.
The Logistics and Supply Chain programme was introduced in 2005 and was the first such programme in the country. Currently, KSB through the SCIS department is mentoring several private and public universities both in Ghana and the sub-region that have also introduced similar programmes. Applicants with background in Business, logistics, shipping, procurement, operations, retailing, marketing, project management, pharmacy and engineering.
The specific admission requirements that applicants should possess in order to be considered for admission are:
- Applicants must have a first degree with a minimum second class lower division in logistics, procurement, operations and/ or supply chain management with relevant working experience or;
- First degree with a minimum of second class lower division in any business related discipline or economics with relevant working experience in the areas of logistics, procurement, operations or supply chain or ;
- First degree with a minimum second class lower division in any discipline and a chartered member of CIPS, CILT, IOM or ISCM with relevant working experience.
- Applicants with other suitable academic or professional qualifications combined with substantial relevant work experience may be considered.
- Foreign Students should be able to proof proficiency in English by showing evidence that instruction during their tertiary education was in English.
- Foreign students who cannot show evidence of (e) above must show results of the IELTS exam with an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with 5.5 in all element.
- Applicants must include a one page statement of purpose and one academic reference letter addressed to the admissions committee.
- Applicants must pass a selection interviw
Something wrong with this entry?Please let us know
Master of ScienceDuration
Medium (3-12 months)Language