Safe Abortion Supplies workstream
Within the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC), we see the prevention of pregnancy, the termination of pregnancy, and the delivery of a newborn as critical life events shaping the reproductive health and well-being of any woman. But the safe and effective outcome of all these events hinges on the availability, choice, and affordability of quality-assured supplies.
The Safe Abortion Supplies (SAS) workstream is dedicated to increasing access to, and awareness of, high quality safe abortion supplies including mifepristone, misoprostol, manual vacuum aspiration (MVA), and combipacks. With key stakeholders and dedicated partners, this group is working to share relevant information and implement collective actions to achieve this goal.
The Secretariat support for this workstream is funded by DFID, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the Children's Investment Fund Foundation and an anonymous donor.
- She Makes Her Safe Choice: A global programme to combat unsafe abortions
- Increasing access to mifepristone: Paving the path for registration and commercialization for additional indications Webinar
- How to Talk About Abortion Webinar
- IPPF Medical Abortion Commodities Database Webinar
- Combi-pack Commercial Distribution Landscape Assessment Webinar
- SAS Webinar: Combipack updates from WHO and Concept Foundation
- Landscape Assessment: Leveraging the role of national distributors to increase access to MA combi-packs in Africa
Menstrual Health Supplies Workstream
The Menstrual Health Supplies Workstream provides a forum to include in the RHSC’s work on supplies and supplies-related issues, menstrual health and the issues which prevent women from gaining access to affordable, quality menstrual health supplies. Workstream members come together to forge a common language for understanding menstrual health supplies-related challenges and draw on existing approaches and expertise present within the RHSC.