Total Market Approaches
SHOPS Plus TMA Compendium
The SHOPS Plus TMA Compendium contains all resources related to Total Market Approaches compiled from across partners. By accessing this link you will find the RHSC Total Market Initiatives for Reproductive Health Primer and the RHSC Market Segmentation Primer.
FP Market Report
The 2018 Family Planning Market Report, now in its fourth iteration, features data from 14 suppliers, all of which had also participated in the 2017 report. The report continues to provide the community with the most comprehensive and reliable view into the public and social sectors of the family planning procurement market across the 69 FP2020 focus countries.
The report is a product of the Global Markets Visibility Project. Produced with support from the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition, it provides insightful and strategic outputs for donors, Ministries of Health (MoH), implementing organizations, and suppliers to develop and implement more effective strategies aimed at ensuring that an additional 120 million women in the world’s 69 poorest countries have access to family planning products and services by 2020. We thank the 14 participating suppliers for their important contribution in this initiative and DFID for funding this valuable project.
Impact Investment - Building Bridges between Impact Investing and Reproductive Health
Market Bookshelf is a large and growing open-access collection of health market literature from around the globe. It was launched in May 2017 as a collaboration between the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC), the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan (WDI), through the Market Intelligence (MI) Workstream of the RHSC Market Development Approaches Working Group (MDAWG). Market Bookshelf is an easy-to-navigate website where health market knowledge is aggregated and disseminated, at no cost to the user. It contains a rich collection of articles, reports, tools, and presentations – all downloadable to the user with the click of a button. Market Bookshelf covers a broad range of health areas, including contraception, HIV/AIDS, immunization, malaria, maternal health, neonatal and child health, nutrition, tuberculosis and other communicable diseases, and non-communicable diseases, as well. The knowledge platform is easily searchable and downloadable. Each document uploaded to Market Bookshelf is indexed by content area, health area, geography, document type, and year. This website enables the proactive sharing of donor-funded data analyses and market knowledge. It helps to prevent duplication of research efforts and supports the community’s desire to disseminate and build on existing market-related research across health areas. Market Bookshelf ensures that project reports and findings can be accessed long after individual donor-funded projects end, and it functions as a ‘one-stop shop’ for a variety of stakeholders seeking market knowledge.
- USAID Center for Accelerating Innovation and Impact's Investing for Impact: Capitalizing on the Emerging Landscape for Global Health Financing
- Quality and Performance Guidance on Selection of Pregnancy Tests for Procurement
- Evidence Project/PATH Implementation Guide Section 1: Planning Guide for a Total Market Approach to Increase Access to Family Planning
- USAID Healthy Markets for Global Health: A Market Shaping Primer
- SHOPS Plus Market Shaping Analysis of Increasing Same-Day Access to Family Planning through Available, Affordable Pregnancy Tests
- Pregnancy Test Market Shaping Analysis in 5 Countries (India, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Zambia)
- Assessment of the Pregnancy Test Market in India
- Assessment of the Pregnancy Test Market in Kenya
- Assessment of the Pregnancy Test Market in Madagascar
- Assessment of the Pregnancy Test Market in Malawi
- Assessment of the Pregnancy Test Market in Zambia
Market Shaping for Family Planning
An analysis of current activities and future opportunities to improve the effectiveness of family planning markets.