Framework of Humanitarian Aid
|Course name||Framework of Humanitarian Aid|
|Contact information|| |
0033 4 72 89 74 71 (afternoons only)
|Course objective|| |
To provide participants with thorough knowledge of the humanitarian sector and issues at stake : stakeholders, systems, coordination mechanisms, legal and ethical framework, quality and accountability initiatives and applications relating to programme management.
- Identify the different categories of actors, mandates within the sector and how they work together;
- Analyse essential challenges facing the humanitarian community;
- Identify the mainstream approaches/initiatives relative to the issue of quality and accountability within the sector;
- Describe, in detail, the concept of accountability and its application in the humanitarian sector;
- Identify and analyse the main interagency quality initiatives;
- Identify ways and challenges of applying quality standards in programme management;
- Identify and analyse the main interagency accountability initiatives;
- Identify ways and challenges of applying the contents of the quality initiatives in programme -management;
- Describe the main rules and principles of legal frameworks of humanitarian action;
- Explain how protection is understood in humanitarian action.
|General course topics||General/service course with some logistics included|
|Focus commodity||Not indicated|
|Incentives description|| |
|Logistics Topics Coverage % (estimate)||100|
|Pre-requisites description|| |
Please contact the course host for this information.
|Discount description|| |
|Course included in analysis||No|